Tuesday, May 4

Finals

Well, I made it back from Athens this weekend! Thank goodness... I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried. But I talked to our director of student affairs before going about whether it was a bad idea and she told me I should take the opportunity to go while I could. I figured if I didn't go now I probably never would/it would cost three times as much to go there in the future than it would cost to go now while I have a cheap flight and a friend to stay with. So off I went.

I'll update more about Athens when I have time to put up pictures. It was so great to see Lily and made me really excited to come home and see my family and friends that I have missed for so long. I have two more finals tomorrow (Modern Art and Psychopathology) and then I'm done for the semester! I cannot wait to be done with these classes. One thing I have definately learned this semester is that I chose the right major and I'm glad I've stuck with the sciences route. I just find it so much more interesting than art and literature and I think my mind works better with concrete subjects than with abstract ones. I would so rather be studying for a biology test right now than an art test and I cannot wait to get back to normal classes next semester. The good thing about all this is that I don't think I will ever look back and think "I should have been an English major or I should have been a Psych major" or anything like that. Nope, nope, nope... I have no regrets about the path I've taken now.

I got to skype with Haylee last week. She was asleep most of the time but every now and then she would stretch her little arms or hiccup and it was so precious! I am supposed to skype again with Jamie, Mom and Haylee today, so just waiting to hear when that should happen. Guess I need to study for art now... in 24 hours I will be done with this nonsense. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment