Tuesday, February 9

Need to Update

I know I need to update about Paris.... buuuuut I just don't have time right now. Probs won't until Thursday.

Got a Shakespeare paper due Thursday. Lots to talk about though. Saw Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Louvre (Mona Lisa and I are besties now). Hmmmm what else... Paris is dirtier than London but the architecture is prettier.

Found an awesome gallery in London today that I'm going to start doing my homework at. It's called the Wellcome Collection and the Wellcome Trust is the largest charity fund in the UK... they're the major funder of science research. They have a bunch of cool exhibits about the history of science and medicine. Right now they have an Identity exhibit that explores how we define ourselves by looking at nine different lives. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was able to work on my Shakespeare paper in their cafe afterwards and got a great window seat where I could look out on the street.

Anyways, I don't have time to be doing this right now. We're going to this place called Rocketbar tonight. It's really cheap on Tuesdays. I feel like I'm the slowest person in the world. My goal while I am here is to learn how to do everything faster. I think I have some southern blood in me cause I feel like my roommates are always waiting on me to get ready and I take forever to write papers and such. So from here on out I am going to try to start doing everything quicker, like a Londoner. HEY I was able to successfully maneuvre the London bus system today and took THREE different buses! I finally felt like a real Londoner. I think I'm starting to like it here better. I think it's good for me to be here where it's more of an "every man for himself" sort of city. I'm too sensitive and need to toughen up and this will be good for me.

Okay, once again... must go. Update on Paris Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment